Matecat is a free online CAT tool by Translated.
Before setting up
Before you can connect you need to make sure that:
- You have a Matecat API key. See this article on how to obtain API credentials.
- Navigate to apps and search for Matecat. If you cannot find Matecat then click Add App in the top right corner, select Matecat and add the app to your Blackbird environment.
- Click Add Connection.
- Name your connection for future reference e.g. ‘My Matecat’.
- Enter your Matecat API key.
- Click Authorize connection.
See the Matecat API documentation for a detailed explanation on each action.
- Create project creates a new project in detached mode.
- Get project
- Cancel project
- Archive project
- Activate project
- Download translation as ZIP returns a ZIP file that includes all the translated files.
- Download translation returns multiple seperate translated files of this job.
- Download job TMX returns the TMX file representing the current status of the job.
- Get job segments comments returns a list of all comments that have been made in this job.
- Get job
- Cancel job
- Archive job
- Activate job
- List teams
- Create team
- List team projects
- List team members
- Add members
- Remove member
- Get translation issue
- Create translation issue
- Delete translation issue
- Get translation issue comments
- Glossary actions
- Translation Versions
- Quality report
- Project merging
Let us know if you are interested in these features!
Feedback to our implementation of Matecat is always very welcome. Reach out to us using the established channels, or create an issue.