memoQ offers flexible translation and localization management solutions tailored to enterprises, language service providers, and translators. This memoQ application primarily centers around project and file management.
Before setting up
Before you can connect you need to make sure that:
- You have access to a memoQ instance.
- Your memoQ instance has the API enabled and you have an API key.
- If your memoQ instance requires whitelisting then ask us about our Blackbird sandbox IP addresses.
- Navigate to apps and search for memoQ . If you cannot find memoQ then click Add App in the top right corner, select memoQ and add the app to your Blackbird environment.
- Click Add Connection.
- Name your connection for future reference e.g. ‘My memoQ’.
- Add the URL pointing to your memoQ instance API. Usually this is your instance URL, port with the added
/memoqservicesbut this can be different (see image below).
- Add your API key.
- Click Connect.
- Confirm that the connection has appeared and the status is Connected.
- Get document/project analysis
- List project documents returns a list of all documents related to a specified project.
- Slice document slices specific document based on the specified options.
- Assign document to user assigns the document to a specific user.
- Get/delete/overwrite/deliver document
- Import/Export document uploads/downloads file to the project. Make sure your file name contains extension, otherwise the action will fail.
- Export document as XLIFF exports and downloads the translation document as XLIFF (MQXLIFF) bilingual.
- Apply translated content to updated source
- List groups returns a list of all groups
- Create delivery package creates a new delivery package from document IDs.
- Deliver package delivers a specific package.
- List projects returns a list of all projects.
- **Get/create/delete/distribute project **
- Create project from package/template creates a new project based on a specified template/package.
- Add target language to project adds target language to a specific project.
- List translation memories returns a list of all translation memory.
- Import TMX file imports TMX file to the translation memory.
- Import translation memory scheme from XML imports translation memory metadata scheme from an XML file.
- List users returns a list of all users.
- Get/create/delete user
- On document delivered is triggered when any project document was delivered.
In the future we can add actions for:
Feedback to our implementation of memoQ is always very welcome. Reach out to us using the established channels, or create an issue.