Wordpress is the world’s most popular website builder. This app allows you to connect your Wordpress website to Blackbird and build automated content repurposing and translation workflows. Wordpress doesn’t natively come with localization features. That’s why this app supports the popular Polylang pro plugin. All affected actions and fields are demarkated with (P) if they require this plugin to work.
Before setting up
Before you can connect you need to make sure that:
- You have administrator access to a Wordpress environment.
- You have created an application password. You can do this in your Wordpress admin panel -> Users -> Profile. At the bottom of this page you can find Application Passwords. Give your new password a name and click Add New Application Password. Save the password that appears.
- Optionally, if you want to use the localization features, make sure that Polylang pro is installed.
- Navigate to apps and search for Wordpress. If you cannot find Wordpress then click Add App in the top right corner, select Wordpress and add the app to your Blackbird environment.
- Click Add Connection.
- Name your connection for future reference e.g. ‘My new Wordpress connection’.
- Fill in the URL of your Wordpress website.
- Fill in the email you use to login to your Wordpress admin account under Login.
- Fill in the application password you created previously.
- Click Connect.
Posts & pages
The following actions are applicable to both posts and pages. For convenience both are from now on refered to as posts.
- Search posts given created or updated times. Optionally use the language input to filter by language (with Polylang).
- Get returns all the post’s information.
- Get missing translations (P) returns a list of languages that the post is not translated in. Polylang required.
- Get translation (P) returns the post that is the translation of the selected post, given the language. Polylang required.
- Get as HTML returns the post in HTML format, useful for translating the entire post page as a single unit.
- Delete deletes the post
All create and update actions optionally take a language and “as translation of” input. Both are used by Polylang to assign the correct languages and relationships with other posts.
- Create a new post
- Create from HTML creates a new post given an HTML file as input.
- Update a post
- Update from HTML updates a post given an HTML file as input.
- Add comment
- Delete comment
- Get all media
- Get media
- Upload media
- Delete media
- Get all users
- Get user
- Add user
- Get languages (P) returns all languages configured and their additional information. Polylang required.
In the future we will add actions for:
Our post & page actions can also be extended to deal with more properties like status, dates, etc.
Let us know if you’re interested!
Do you want to use this app or do you have feedback on our implementation? Reach out to us using the established channels or create an issue.