Notion is a note-taking and idea-organizing platform. This Notion application primarily centers around page and database management.
Before setting up
- Go to
https://www.notion.so/my-integrationsand click New integration
- Fill in all the required fields
- Open Secrets tab and save Internal Integration Secret value to be able to connect to Notion via Blackbird.
Add connection to pages and databases
To make your content interactive with Blackbird, you should add your newly created connection to each page or database you want to work with. Connection will be automatically added to their children, If there are any.
To add your connection to the page or database:
- Open your page or database
- Click on the three dots in the top right corner
- Go to the Connections section and hover on Add connections
- Select your newly created connection
- Click Confirm
- Navigate to apps and search for Notion. If you cannot find Notion then click Add App in the top right corner, select Notion and add the app to your Blackbird environment.
- Click Add Connection.
- Name your connection for future reference e.g. ‘My client’.
- Paste your Internal Integration Secret it to the appropriate field in the Blackbird
- Click Connect.
- Confirm that the connection has appeared and the status is Connected.
- List block’s children returns all children of a specified block. Instead of block you can input ID of a
Page, so that it will return all blocks belonging the that page.
- Get/Delete block
- List comments returns a list of comments added to the specified
- Add comment adds comment to a specified
- List databases returns a list of all databases in the workspace. You can filter the list by create/edited time.
- List database records returns a list of all child
Pagesin the database. You can filter the list by create/edited time.
- Create/Get database
- List pages returns a list of all pages in the workspace. You can filter the list by create/edited time.
- Get page as HTML returns specified page’s content as an HTML file.
- Create/Update page from HTML create/updates page from an HTML file.
- Get page string/number/date/boolean/files/multiple property returns the value of a database entry’s property of specific type.
- Set page string/number/boolean/files/multiple property updates the value of a database entry’s property of specific type.
- Create/Get/Archive page
- List users returns a list of users belonging to the workspace.
- Get users returns details about specified user.
Blackbird is able to convert
Page content to an HTML file and back, so that it is possible to translate Notion content automatically via Blackbird. For example, you can do a combination like “Notion: Get page as HTML” -> “DeepL: Translate” -> “Notion: Update page from HTML”. Untranslatable content will be transferred back as well, except of several types like: Reference, Image, File, Link. These types won’t be transferred for now, but we are constantly working to make it better.
Do you want to use this app or do you have feedback on our implementation? Reach out to us using the established channels or create an issue.