TranslationOS API allows you to localize your content programmatically in over 200+ languages using Translated services.
Before setting up
Before you can connect you need to make sure that:
- You have a TranslationOS.
- You have requested a TranslationOS API key. See the authentication section of the TranslationOS documentation.
- Navigate to apps and search for TranslationOS. If you cannot find TranslationOS then click Add App in the top right corner, select TranslationOS and add the app to your Blackbird environment.
- Click Add Connection.
- Name your connection for future reference e.g. ‘My TranslationOS’.
- Enter your TranslationOS API key.
- Click Authorize connection.
- Create text translation create a translation based on a given text. The translation is queued and will be processed by Translated. For a detailed explanation of all options see the TranslationOS documentation.
- Create file translation behaves the same as a text translation, but with a file input.
- Update translation updates an existing translation request
- Cancel translation cancels an existing translation request
- On translation finished is triggered when a translation is finished. When setting up this event in a bird you are presented with a Callback URL. Copy this URL and use it in translation creation actions across Blackbird to direct these translations to this bird.
Feedback to our implementation of TranslationOS is always very welcome. Reach out to us using the established channels, or create an issue.