ModernMT is a more human machine translation. It improves from corrections and adapts to the context of the document. Its features include translation using weighted translation memories, hints and glossaries.
Before setting up
Before you can connect you need to make sure that:
- You have a ModernMT account.
- Your ModernMT account has a plan that allows you to generate a License Key.
- Navigate to apps and search for ModernMT. If you cannot find ModernMT then click Add App in the top right corner, select ModernMT and add the app to your Blackbird environment.
- Click Add Connection.
- Name your connection for future reference e.g. ‘My ModernMT’.
- Enter your ModernMT license key.
- Click Authorize connection.
- Translate translates a segment into a given language. It can optionally take arguments for glossaries, contexts, hints, and more. See the ModernMT documentation for all the options.
- Translate multiple behaves the same as translate, but with multiple segments rather than just one.
- Estimate quality takes a source and translation and returns a score between 0 and 1 indicating the machine translation quality.
- Detect langauge returns a language code given a segment.
- Detect multiple languages behaves the same as detect language, but for multiple segments.
- Get context vector from text returns a context vector that can be used for translation actions. For details about context vectors see the ModernMT documentation.
- Get memory, Create memory, Update memory, Delete memory are actions that can be used to manage the existing memories and metadata like name and description.
- Add translation to memory and Update memory translation pair can be used to add/update new sentence-translation pairs into an existing memory.
- Import memory from tmx allows you to add new sentence-translation pairs in bulk through existing TMX files.
This example show a simple bird that translates incoming Slack messages, performs a quality estimation and then send the translation and quality estimation together back as a Slack message.
Feedback to our implementation of ModernMT is always very welcome. Reach out to us using the established channels, or create an issue.